Saturday, April 30, 2011

Month 3

The days seem so short when caring for a little one... and yet it feels like so long ago when I was still carrying Ian on the inside. One of the challenges of being a mum is the time and energy you devote to the wellbeing of another tiny person, the other is the understanding of your role and purpose as a caregiver-- to find that balance between being responsible, but also yielding control and trust to the Creator. It's easy to fall into the mindset of fretting about every small detail- from feeding to sleeping to cutting them micronails.. robbing yourself of the joy of each day. Also I've found that with recommended routines, schedules, methods, techniques of child-rearing at the back of your head, it's hard to remember that each child is different, and to be thankful for general health and the opportunity to be a parent. So the point of this post and the point I'm trying to make to myself is...well, I'm still figuring it out :)

1 comment: